Amy Cuevas Schroeder
Amy Cuevas Schroeder is an entrepreneurial content strategist in New York.
Amy currently works as a Senior Copywriter and Content Creation Strategist for Isobar (Aegis), one of the world's leading digital agencies. Previously she worked as the first content manager for Etsy's Seller Development Team, overseeing editorial development and strategy for Etsy sellers. She produced entrepreneurial education and advice for Etsy's largest communication channel for sellers, The Seller Handbook blog: http://www.etsy.com/blog/en/category/seller-handbook.
She's also written for various publications and clients, including NYLON, Surface, Time Out, Levi.com and HarperCollins Online.
Amy founded her first business, Venus (a magazine and site about women in the arts and DIY culture), at age 19, and later sold the company. With a passion for collaboration, in 2011 she started DIY Business Association to empower and connect creative small businesses.
BACK IN THE DAY
Amy got her entrepreneurial start in the mid-’90s when she founded Venus Zine, the magazine for women in music and DIY culture, in her Michigan State University dorm room at age 19.
After about a decade of growing the publication from a cut-and-paste fanzine into an internationally circulated magazine with a starting budget of zero, she sold Venus and moved from Chicago to New York.
Amy speaks and writes about content strategy for startups, the Age of the Artist as Entrepreneur and Branding as Storytelling. As a freelancer, she's written for NYLON, Time Out, Chicago Magazine, New York Observer’s Playground, Surface, Levi.com, Splashlife.com and more.
• Apartment Therapy's Most Popular Posts … So Far" ("Amy's Vintage Modern Nest House Tour")
• "What's the Write Word?" (PopMatters invites music critics to share advice for up-and-coming music writers)
• "Who's Afraid of the Word 'Feminism'?" on Salon.com (March 25, 2010)
• "Venus's Next Wave" in The Chicago Reader (March 25, 2010)
• "New New Yorkers" feature in New York Magazine (April 12, 2009)
• Chicago Public Radio (NPR) audio interview with Amy Schroeder (January 13, 2004)
• National Public Radio "Talk Of the Nation" (featuring Kara Jesella and Amy Schroeder as part of "To Girls, 'Sassy' Meant Something More" segment)
• Indie Biz Chicks audio interview with Amy Schroeder (October 7, 2008)
• Chicago Tribune “50 Favorite Magazines” nominates Venus Zine
• Apartment Therapy House Tour: Amy Schroeder's Chicago condo
• Chicagoist interview with Amy Schroeder after selling Venus Zine
• USA Today Pop Candy blog, "Five Alternatives To Rolling Stone"
• The New York Times, "They're Making a List and Checking It Twice, But Why?
- Content marketing strategy and execution • buildi…
- Blogging • ghostwriting and speech writing for CE…